Rangitoto College is proud to have a vibrant and creative Visual Arts Department. We have experienced and enthusiastic teachers who are committed to developing great students and providing great opportunities.
Learning under the Visual Arts curriculum offers students multiple chances to embrace their own individualism while forging new connections with the ideas and approaches of other creative thinkers. Visual Arts students really appreciate the broad choices offered within courses, where they are supported to develop an individualised style and to come up with creative solutions to problems.
Art students learn to have excellent self-management skills, which are transferable to other subject areas and they are given multiple opportunities to connect with the real world through exhibitions, collaborative projects, and artist visits. By applying 21st century skills, such as creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking during art projects, students discover new ways to communicate visual ideas, while also honing their practical skills in a range of media, both traditional and contemporary.
- Full range of senior NCEA subjects available as well as IB (dependent on numbers)
- Excellent resources including two media suites fitted with Macs
- Experienced, passionate, and knowledgeable staff
- Extra-curricular and leadership opportunities available, including yearly exhibition, access to local competitions, and after school clubs
- Supportive, collaborative, and individualised learning environments