To access the school physiotherapy service a student must first have their injury assessed. Assessments are made every day before school between 8.00 am and 8.40 am – no appointment is necessary.
At the end of the assessment the Physiotherapist will complete the Student Physio Appointment Record. This shows the booking times for the first 2-3 appointments, then the physio will add more week by week as required to complete the treatment.
When booking sessions the following rules apply:
- Year 13 students are not permitted to miss class time. Appointments can only be made during their Study Option or during interval and lunch.
- Year 9 to 12 students cannot miss the same subject in the same week and cannot miss any one subject more than 3 times altogether.
- No student can miss an assessment for a physio appointment.
The Physiotherapist will provide the Student Physio Appointment Record to the Attendance Office at the beginning of the school day. The Attendance Office will:
- Take a copy of the Student Physio Appointment Record for issue when a student loses their copy
- Email a copy of the Student Physio Appointment Record to the students parent/guardian
The student must pick up their Student Physio Appointment Record from the Attendance Office at interval.
A student cannot attend their appointment if they do not have their Student Physio Appointment Record. To leave class the student must show the teacher their Student Physio Appointment Record.
At the end of the appointment the Physiotherapist will stamp the appointment as evidence that the student attended. When arriving late into a class from a Physio appointment the student must show the Student Physio Appointment Record to the teacher. The student should then be recorded as Present (P) in PCSchool.