No refund will be made to a student who is excluded from the College by the Board of Trustees. No refund will be made to an International Student who changes visa status to one which entitles them to regular/domestic student status, after one month from date of payment.
Withdrawing from a Course
If a student withdraws from his/her course of study before the start of the course, fees will be refunded less:
- an administration fee
- costs to the school already incurred for tuition
- components of the fee already committed for the duration of the course, including appropriate portions of salaries of teachers and support staff (if applicable)
- any other costs already incurred
If the student withdraws from his/her course of study before the course completion date, he/she will NOT receive a refund of school fees except in exceptional circumstances. In such cases, the parents should write to the Director of International Students explaining what the exceptional circumstances are; however, the College’s decision is final.
Rangitoto College will offer a refund of the tuition and homestay fees in the following circumstances:
- if a student does not get their student visa approved by Immigration New Zealand
- if the College ceases to offer a suitable course of education for the student
- if the College ceases to be a signatory to the Code of Practice
Rangitoto College confirms that the fees paid by international students for educational instruction in New Zealand are secure and protected in the event of student withdrawal or the ending of educational instruction or the closure of the signatory.
Refund of Homestay Fees
Please note the balance of homestay money will be refunded back to the parents’ bank account in full at the time the student signs out of Rangitoto College.