Students are expected to take a pride in their appearance and to dress neatly at all time. Shoes should be kept clean and regularly polished. The local community and the Board of Trustees (their elected representatives) expect this, and we seek the full co-operation of all parents and students.
• CLOTHING AND OTHER PERSONAL ITEMS MUST BE CLEARLY NAMED. Including Bags, Lunchboxes and Hop Cards. Unnamed items cannot be identified and returned to their owners. Students need to take responsibility for their uniform and not leave items such as jackets and jumper lying around.
• THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES. Bare feet are not permitted for any reason for health and safety reasons. Our permissible shoe options can be reviewed below. The only exception to this is if a student has a foot injury which makes the wearing of the correct shoes impossible. In this case the student should take a note from their parent/guardian to their Dean before school. For short term issues, the Dean may issue a uniform pass (students would still wear plain black shoes/trainers). For long term issues, students must wear approved shoes designed for injured feet or feet needing extra support.
• Only a RANGITOTO COLLEGE SCHOOL JACKET can be worn as protection from the rain. Non-uniform jackets, sweatshirts and hoodies are NOT permitted and any time for years 9-12.
• YEAR 13 are not required to wear school uniform. There is a dress code, details of which will be issued to year 9 students. The emphasis is not only on appropriateness but also on looking neat and presentable.
• The CORRECT UNIFORM is to be worn at all times, including to and from school.
• If a student comes to school in an incorrect garment or non-regulation footwear they must report to the Dean before 8:40am where they will be lent the correct items for the day.
• If students are wearing an incorrect piece of clothing or jewellery, it will be confiscated and given to their Dean. Confiscated items are given back after school each Friday.
• BLAZERS are optional for all year levels. Any students in a premier sports or cultural team are required to wear a blazer. Student leaders will have their own blazer. To be worn with school navy trousers or skirts only.
• SCARVES can be worn but must be in the red and/or blue of he school uniform – no other colours permitted
• TIES – Navy and red striped with the school logo embossed throughout the tie. To be worn on formal occasions by school representatives.
• Other clothing items are not permitted to be worn visibly under clothing, e.g. tops, t-shirts.
The official uniform requirements can be viewed through the uniform links below. Could parents please ensure that they are buying items that conform to these requirements.