Congratulations to the Rangitoto College students from 2018 who achieved 175 Scholarships including 20 at "Outstanding" level. Top Scholarship School in New Zealand.
- NZQA Premier Award Winner - Tikshan Ghoorah, 8 scholarships, 3 outstanding.
- NZQA Outstanding Scholar Winners - Tiange Gan, Tessa Herkt, Jeremy Holyer.
USA Sports Scholarships
Div 1 Student-Athlete Curriculum Requirements
- Should aim to complete both Level 2 (by end of year 12) and Level 3 (by end of year 13).
- Must have five core areas from Level 1 or higher:
- Four of the five areas must be English, Maths (MATHS, CALCULUS or STATISTICS), Physical Science (SCIENCE, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY or PHYSICS) and a Social Science (GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, SOCIOLOGY, ART HISTORY, CLASSICAL STUDIES, ECONOMICS)
- The last core area can be an additional Maths, Physical Science, English, Social Science, Language or Economics. It cannot be Physical Education, Computer Science/ICT, Health, Dance, Drama, Media, etc which are considered to be vocational courses. This does not mean you should not choose these subjects – it means you will not be able to count them as a core subject.
- Student needs 15 credits or more in each core area, above Level 1
- The highest of the 15 credits will be taken to consider GPA. The current minimum GPA level is 2.3) in each of the five core areas.
- SAT or ACT score must comply with the sliding GPA and test score table for a qualifier (essentially, the lower your GPA the higher your SAT/ACT score needs to be).
NCAA Division I Core Course Requirements
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Mathematics
- 2 years of natural/physical Science
- 1 year of additional English, Mathematics or natural/physical Science
- 2 years of Social Science
- 4 years of additional courses (from any area above or a language)
Each year of study in an individual subject is considered a ‘course’. Ten of these courses must be completed prior to end of Year 12.
To support application a transcript showing all report grades from Year 9 will be required, along with an official NCEA record of learning for all levels.