International Student Fees 2019
|Tuition Fee||$16,000 per year / $4,000 per term|
|Tuition Fee (if studying International Baccalaureate)||$17,500 per year|
|Administration Fee||$2,000 per year|
|Insurance||$550 - $600 per year|
|Homestay Fees (students aged 14+)||$300 per week (payable in advance)|
|Homestay Fees (students aged 13 years old)||$320 per week (payable in advance)|
|Homestay Placement Fee||$350|
|Special Dietary Requirements (vegetarian, gluten free etc)||$50 + per week (depending on requirements)|
|Designated Caregiver Administration Fee||$250|
|Homestay Change Administration Fee||$150|
|Homestay Holding Fee||$10 per night (up to a maximum of $600)|
|Special Full Report||$150 (South American and Italian schools usually require this)|
|Initial Airport Pickup||Free|
2019 Fees for Different Time Periods
* Totals are estimates including homestay placement fee, homestay fees (students 14 years +), tuition fee, administration fees and insurance. Mid-year - Mid-year fees will change when 2020 fees are set in May 2019.
|Academic Year 2019 (January - December)||$32,730|
|Academic Year 2019 (January - December) including IB Tuition Fee||$34,230|
|Mid-year 2019 - Mid-year 2020 (July - July)||$34,230|
|First Semester 2019 (January - July)||$16,840|
|Second Semester 2019 (July - November/December)||$15,940|
|Term 1, 2019 (January - April)||$ 8,610|
|Term 2, 2019 (May - July)||$ 8,310|
|Term 3, 2019 (July - September)||$ 8,310|
Extra costs not covered in Fees
- Uniform (around $400) – Years 9-12 only
- Stationery (around $100) – Cost depends on subjects chosen
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities – Some activities are free, others have a small fee
- School subject trips and field trips
- Laptop (all students are required to have a laptop or Chromebook for some of their classwork)
- Spending money
- Travel to, from and within New Zealand
Homestay fees can be charged by the exact number of nights needed. If students know their arrival and departure dates when enrolling, we can invoice for the correct amount. If we are not given this information, we will invoice for one extra week (students usually arrive about three days before school starts and leave about 3 days after school finishes.) Any money remaining at the end of the student’s stay in New Zealand will be refunded. Amounts exceeding $500 will be paid into a bank account.
The College pays the homestay caregiver every two weeks and accounts for all money received and payments made from homestay money. If students are away from the homestay over the summer holidays a charge of $10 per night will apply up to a maximum of $600.
Designated Caregiver Fee
Students staying with relatives or friends of the family do not pay the Homestay Fees or Homestay Placement Fee. Rangitoto College is legally required to check each house to make sure it is suitable for our students and a $250 Designated Caregiver Administration Fee is charged. Students staying with parents are not charged the DCG fee.
Paying Fees Online
You can pre-pay your school fees and accommodation fees by making an international transfer directly from your local bank account to a Rangitoto College account.
An international funds transfer enables you to make your payment safely and quickly in your local currency or in a variety of major currencies including USD, EUR, GBP and JPY. You can also track the progress of your payment online.
How to pay with Pay to Study
- Click the button below to access Rangitoto's PaytoStudy platform.
- Register on the secure PaytoStudy domain and enter your payment details.
- Receive a preferential exchange rate for your local currency (valid for 48 hours) and select your payment method (Bank Transfer or Credit Card).
- Make your payment into the local PaytoStudy account in your home country free of charge via online banking or by visiting your local bank. If paying via credit card simply enter your details into the system.
How to pay with Western Union
- Click the button below and follow the steps to gain authorisation. The Rangitoto College / Western Union Business Solutions account details will appear on the authorisation form.
- Print the authorisation form to use when processing the payment either by internet banking or at your local bank.
- If you can pay in your local currency, transfer the funds using your internet banking system or go to your local bank to make the transfer.
- If you are paying in a major currency (not your local currency), you can’t use internet banking. You must go to a local bank with the authorisation form and the bank will process the payment for you.
No refund will be made to a student who is excluded from the College by the Board of Trustees. No refund will be made to an International Student who changes visa status to one which entitles them to regular/domestic student status, after one month from date of payment.
Withdrawing from a Course
If a student withdraws from his/her course of study before the start of the course, fees will be refunded less:
- an administration fee
- costs to the school already incurred for tuition
- components of the fee already committed for the duration of the course, including appropriate portions of salaries of teachers and support staff (if applicable)
- any other costs already incurred
If the student withdraws from his/her course of study before the course completion date, he/she will NOT receive a refund of school fees except in exceptional circumstances. In such cases, the parents should write to the Director of International Students explaining what the exceptional circumstances are; however, the College’s decision is final.
Rangitoto College will offer a refund of the tuition and homestay fees in the following circumstances:
- if a student does not get their student visa approved by Immigration New Zealand
- if the College ceases to offer a suitable course of education for the student
- if the College ceases to be a signatory to the Code of Practice
Rangitoto College confirms that the fees paid by international students for educational instruction in New Zealand are secure and protected in the event of student withdrawal or the ending of educational instruction or the closure of the signatory.
Refund of Homestay Fees
Please note the balance of homestay money will be refunded back to the parents’ bank account in full at the time the student signs out of Rangitoto College.