Rangitoto College is a trusted industry partner of Immigration New Zealand. This means we have Online Visa Processing status and can process Student Visas at school in the International Office. We can also help students apply for Work Rights. Rangitoto College is one of only three secondary schools in New Zealand to be granted Streamlined Visa Processing in a pilot programme.

Student Visas can now be applied for online through Immigration New Zealand.

Students studying for longer than three months are required to have a Student Visa. Students need to apply to Immigration New Zealand to get a student visa. Students studying for three months or less do not need a student visa. They can study on a Tourist Visa.

To get a Student Visa, students need a Confirmed Offer of Place from the school as well as other evidence as required by Immigration to demonstrate that they are a bona fide student in good health and have enough funds to support themselves while in New Zealand.  This may include:

  • medical certificates
  • school reports
  • bank statements showing enough money for living expenses
  • copy of passport showing it is valid for at least three months past the end of your intended stay in New Zealand
  • travel tickets or money to purchase tickets

Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website.

Visa Requirements

Students must meet certain conditions during their stay in New Zealand otherwise their student permit may be cancelled.

  • Students must attend the place of study noted in their permit or apply to immigration to change institutions
  • Students must show that they are passing their course.
  • Students must obey New Zealand’s laws.
  • Students must only stay in New Zealand for the time allowed by their permit.
  • Students must not drive in New Zealand.
  • Students may only undertake work allowed by their student permit.

Work Rights

Rangitoto College will give written permission for part-time work (20 hours or less) for year 12 and 13 students only. If students have not applied for Work Rights already, a Variation of Conditions to a student permit will need to be applied for. Rangitoto College is a partner institution of Immigration New Zealand and we can help students do the necessary paperwork. Students who work part time will need to show they are making and maintaining excellent academic progress, have excellent attendance and have made satisfactory transport arrangements to and from work.

Apply your child for International study today

Follow the link to apply online