Student cell phones in the classroom must remain out of sight, on silent mode, unless explicit permission is given by the teacher. Permission must only be given for work related activities. The classroom is defined as all rooms, including the tutor room. Cell phone use at break time is discouraged but allowed. If used inappropriately, the student will be banned from having a phone at school for a period of ten weeks.
Inappropriate use could, but not exclusively involve:
- any sort of bullying
- taking photos of students or staff without their permission
- videoing other students or staff without their permission
- disrespectful messages about staff or other students
- forwarding photos or videos taken illegally (as above)
- storing photos or videos taken illegally
iPods have no place in the classroom whatsoever.