The Learning Centre has two teachers, seven student support workers and two part time admin.
- welcoming friendly base at break and lunch
- coordination of student support worker support where appropriate
- special conditions support e.g. reader writer support
- information gathering and dissemination to staff about student’s needs
- organisation of Special Olympic activities /events
- organisation of support for ORS funded students
- coordinates links to appropriate external services e.g. RTLB support (Resource Teachers for Learning and Behaviour
Learning Centre Vision Statement
- to assist all students to minimise any challenges they face
- to access the curriculum at their own level
- to promote a nurturing environment alongside whanau/family, all staff, supporting agencies and the community to feel safe to develop life-long skills
Aims of the Learning Centre
- to provide appropriate empowering support to students with additional learning needs
- to provide students with additional needs a safe and friendly environment to access help
- to develop a comprehensive programme of professional development for college staff to develop teaching skills /strategies to support students in their classes
100+ students with additional needs are
supported with their assessments.
Rangitoto College Learning Centre recognises and upholds the New Zealand Disability Strategy 2012 objectives.
100+ Students with additional needs are supported with their assessments