The Junior Diploma is aimed at supporting and challenging our Year 9 and 10 students. There are three levels of achievement within the diploma:
- White: first level
- Red: second level
- Blue: highest level
Students must attain five of the six diploma categories to be awarded each level. The categories are:
- Academic achievement: gaining excellence grades in tests, assessments and exams.
- Academic progress: improving academic performance through academic growth.
- Extra-curricular activities such as clubs and activities or sports: being involved in activities outside the classroom.
- Service or leadership opportunities: giving back to the school and community.
- Attendance: having high attendance rates to support learning.
- Behaviour: behaviour that supports academic engagement and success.
The desired outcomes for Rangitoto College students are:
- To embed the school values to create a pathway that fosters academic and personal excellence so students ‘can make a positive difference in the world’.
- To ensure junior students focus on academic excellence and academic improvement, across all subject areas, to create a foundation of knowledge for future success.
- To increase junior students’ involvement outside of the classroom, with leadership and co-curricular activities, to develop personal skills and pride.
- To increase junior student’s awareness and involvement in service activities, both in and out of school, to develop a community-centric viewpoint.
- To support the behaviour curriculum to ensure a student’s behaviour aligns with the school values to provide a learning environment that is conducive to student success.